Lifestyle: Anna Organic Feminine Hygiene Range


Feminine Hygiene Products has been making headlines over the past month which is why I thought it would be fitting to share my experience with South Africa’s first organic sanitary pad range, ANNA. If you prefer using sanitary pads and are looking for a locally manufactured and eco-friendly product then keep on reading!

As mentioned above, feminine hygiene products have been a topic of discussion for many. According to Globe News Wire, the increasing female population, and women empowerment across the globe is expected to accelerate the growth of the feminine hygiene products market by 2025. Whilst some are discussing the increase in the market, others are promoting free access to such products. "Any student will be able to access these products in their schools for free, no questions asked,"  according to Natalie Jameson, the minister responsible for the Status of Women, in Prince Edward Island, Canada. 


Whether you buy your own sanitary product or receive it for free, you now have the option to opt for an eco-friendly product with ANNA. ANNA offers both sanitary pads and liners. According to ANNA, "The winged Maxi Pads are made from raw cotton and a plant-based biopolymer, which is gentle on delicate skin and kind to the environment. ANNA pads are free of fragrances, dyes, and parabens. Perfect for controlling your ecological footprint, without compromising your comfort or protection." To top it all off, the sanitary pads are packed in a cardboard box which can be recycled.


Last month I tried both products. I was really impressed with the liner. It held its shape and most importantly it did not move! The sanitary pads, however, were not the best option for me. Unfortunately, I am very heavy (TMI, sorry!) so I needed something that was longer and thicker. I would recommend these for women who are lighter. I used these on my day 6 and 7 and they worked well, but I probably will not take any chances again using it on my Day 1 to 4.


ANNA can be found in your feminine hygiene aisle at your local Spar, Pick n Pay, Checkers, or Dischem Store. Alternatively, you can purchase them online from Faithful to Nature. The sanitary pads retail for R24.95 (box of 10); and the liners retail for R19.95 (box of 25).


Overall thoughts: I know using these for only two out of my seven days is not a big change by it is a small step in reducing my carbon footprint considering the large number of packs that I buy. I love that these are locally made and more importantly biodegradable. An added bonus is that the packaging is made out of cardboard to it is recyclable too. I will definitely continue using these even if it is for two days. The actual sanitary pad is free of parabens and plastic. These ingredients can have a serious impact on your body and health. I highly recommend giving these a try if you are able to use smaller sanitary pads. 


With love, Riv.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty: Beauty Hyper Pro Eyebrow Palette