Review: Standard Beauty 6% Niacinamide Serum


Since introducing actives into my skincare routine, I have not turned back. Niacinamide has been a staple in my routine since I started using it last year. While I loved the product I was previously using (review can be read, here), I wanted to try a more budget-friendly option to see if it performs just as well. This brought me to Standard Beauty and their 6% Niacinamide serum. Did it perform whilst being lighter on my purse, keep reading to find out!  

Standard Beauty is a South African skincare and beauty brand. Their products are, “certified-organic, Vegan-friendly and halal and hand-produced in small batches for well-formulated products that work and are kind to nature, animals and your skin.” 

As mentioned above, the serum is formulated with 6% Niacinamide, (helps to reduce the appearance of pores, encourages an even skin tone, and contains B3 vitamins that are good for our skin) Cucumber extract (soothes the skin) and 1% of Hyaluronic Acid (boosts hydration in the skin). The combination of these powerhouse ingredients helps minimizes redness, acne & inflammation and ensures a healthy and strong skin barrier. The carefully formulated serum is stored in a brown bottle to reduce any degradation by light and comes with a dropper to ensure there is no cross-contamination. 

I use my serum every morning after my toner and before my moisturiser. It is important to note that Niacinamide cannot be mixed with vitamin C, so you will need to use it on alternate days to your vitamin C serum. The serum can be used in the evenings as well, however, I am already alternative with my retinol and chemical exfoliator and don’t want to add another active to the mix. 

Standard Beauty can be purchased directly from their website, Superbalist, or Takealot, at R165.00 for a 30ml bottle. PSA – Standard Beauty only stocks their 10% Niacinamide retailing at R175 for 30ml.

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed using this serum. I definitely think it performed just as well as my higher-end serum. My pores are minimal and the added boost of hyaluronic acid is always needed. I look forward to trying more products from Standard Beauty as the quality of their products is excellent, especially considering you can get the same result at a more affordable price. Standard Beauty said, “Our products are Proudly South African, they keep their promises and they don't break the bank” – and they definitely kept their promise. 

With love, 

Riv


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lifestyle: Anna Organic Feminine Hygiene Range

Recipe: Sugar-free Granola